The Email Marketing + Blog Coordinator is responsible for the management of SuperNova South’s email and blog communications. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing. This position is volunteer-only. The Email Marketing + Blog Coordinator will not receive paid compensation, but he/she will receive a pass to the conference in return for their time upon successfully fulfilling their responsibilities. He/she will also receive a LinkedIn recommendation and endorsement from a Conference Director.
About SuperNova South
SuperNova South is a five day series of workshops, lectures, networking, and social events that bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, solution providers, and executives to discuss leading innovations in technology, explore opportunities in the digital space, and highlight how Atlanta and the south are leading the charge in many of these areas.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop an email content strategy and plan for leveraging the existing mailing list to reach optimal results (e.g. conference attendance).
- Work with the Director of Marketing to develop a blog content strategy and plan for leveraging existing social channels, and reach optimal results (e.g. conference attendance).
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create a marketing automation strategy for segmented targeting.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create a plan to grow the email list.
- Write content for bi-monthly newsletters.
- Write content for weekly blog posts.
- Write content for daily email communications leading up to and during the event.
- Work with the Director of Marketing to create new templates that work across devices and support a wider-array of content.
- Work with other members of the marketing team to ensure an integrated marketing approach.
- Input content into the MailChimp template and sharing it with the Director of Marketing for review prior to sending.
- Manage a list of more than 4,400 email recipients. The majority of the management of this list is done automatically (new email subscriptions, un-subscriptions), but there are times when recipients request via email to be removed or added to the list, which entails manual entry.
- Promote SuperNova South via their personal social channels and during in-person opportunities.
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing email marketing efforts for a company or organization.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate SuperNova South’s voice.
- Familiarity using MailChimp is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Ability to easily learn how to use new tools.
- Must be flexible and ready to adjust/accommodate/adapt to last minute changes.
- Ability to dedicate, on average, 3-5 hours a week to creating content for SuperNova South’s newsletters and blog posts. It is expected for hours to increase to an average of 5-7 hours a week 4-6 weeks out from the event.
- Must be able to attend 2-3 meetings throughout the year, preferably in-person.
- Must be available the week of the conference (October 2-6, 2017), in order to help to cover the individual events and announce last minute scheduling changes, as well as to run and manage any giveaways.
- A passion for digital innovation.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
All interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.