The PR Coordinator is responsible for the management of SuperNova South’s PR relationships. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and is volunteer-only. The PR Coordinator will receive a pass to the conference in return for their time upon successfully fulfilling their responsibilities. They will also receive a LinkedIn recommendation and endorsement from the Director of Marketing.
About SuperNova South
SuperNova South is a five day series of workshops, lectures, networking, and social events that bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, solution providers, and executives to discuss leading innovations in technology, explore opportunities in the digital space, and highlight how Atlanta and the south are leading the charge in many of these areas.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to refine and execute the PR plan and strategy.
- Managing the communications taking place between SuperNova South, the press, the public, and any existing PR firms.
- Working with other members of the marketing and operations team to ensure an integrated marketing approach.
- Communicating with the Director of Marketing when questions arise that they are unable to answer.
- Promoting SuperNova South via their personal social channels and during in-person opportunities.
- Some experience managing a PR campaign.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate SuperNova South’s voice.
- Ability to easily learn and adapt.
- Must be flexible and ready to adjust/accommodate/adapt to last minute changes, including live streaming elements.
- Ability to dedicate, on average, 3-5 hours a week to the team. It is expected for hours to increase to an average of 5-7 hours a week 4-6 weeks out from the conference.
- Must be able to attend 3-5 meetings throughout the year, preferably in-person.
- Must be available the week of the conference to help manage PR efforts.
- The PR Coordinator should be available the weekend prior to help set up the conference location.
- A passion for technology and digital innovation.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
All interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.