The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the management of SuperNova South’s social properties. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and is volunteer-only. The Social Media Coordinator will receive a pass to the conference in return for their time upon successfully fulfilling their responsibilities. They will also receive a LinkedIn recommendation and endorsement from the Director of Marketing.
About SuperNova South
SuperNova South is a five day series of workshops, lectures, networking, and social events that bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, solution providers, and executives to discuss leading innovations in technology, explore opportunities in the digital space, and highlight how Atlanta and the south are leading the charge in many of these areas.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to develop a social media strategy and plan for leveraging the existing social media properties to reach optimal results (e.g. conference attendance).
- Creating and curating daily content specific to each of SuperNova South’s primary social properties based on the individual platform strategies: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and Pinterest.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to create a plan to grow the audience size for each social media property.
- Moderating the social communities, which includes responding to questions and engaging with followers through @replies, retweets, messages, etc.
- Maintaining SuperNova South’s social archival properties (YouTube and SlideShare) with brand assets, such as speaker presentations and marketing videos.
- Maintaining SuperNova South’s social presence year-round.
- Working with other members of the marketing team to ensure an integrated marketing approach.
- Communicating with the Director of Marketing when questions arise that they are unable to answer.
- Promoting SuperNova South via their personal social channels and during in-person opportunities.
- Some experience managing at least one brand’s social presence.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate SuperNova South’s voice.
- Experience using tools such as TweetDeck and Hootsuite for publication and moderation purposes.
- Ability to easily learn how to use new tools.
- Ability to design graphics using software such as PhotoShop and InDesign is a bonus, but not mandatory.
- Must be flexible and ready to adjust/accommodate/adapt to last minute changes, including live streaming elements.
- Ability to dedicate, on average, 3-5 hours a week to creating content for SuperNova South’s social media properties. It is expected for hours to increase to an average of 5-7 hours a week 4-6 weeks out from the conference.
- Must be able to attend 3-5 meetings throughout the year, preferably in-person.
- Must be available the week of the conference to help to cover the individual events and announce last minute scheduling changes as well as to run and manage social contests and giveaways.
- The Social Media Coordinator should be available the weekend prior to help set up the conference location.
- A passion for technology and digital innovation.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
All interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.