The Volunteer Coordinator is to be the focal person for the mobilization of volunteers required for the organization and implementation of SuperNova South. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations and will work closely with them to secure and mobilize volunteers for the conference in early October.
This position is volunteer only but will receive a free pass to the conference in return for their time upon successfully fulfilling their responsibilities. They will also receive a LinkedIn recommendation and endorsement from the Director of Operations.
About SuperNova South
SuperNova South is a five day series of workshops, lectures, networking, and social events that bring together entrepreneurs, innovators, business leaders, solution providers, and executives to discuss leading innovations in technology, explore opportunities in the digital space, and highlight how Atlanta and the south are leading the charge in many of these areas.
- Organize a “Call for Volunteers” campaign in the months leading up to the SuperNova South conference, working closely with the Director of Operations for external communications.
- Recruit enough volunteers to staff all volunteer needs.
- Assess volunteer needs based on the needs of the conference.
- Provide volunteer training as needed.
- Work closely with the Track Leaders to assess their needs during the conference.
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Operations.
- Provide regular updates to volunteers as it relates to conference details and logistics.
- Design, implement or select a volunteer-management tool.
- Maintain volunteer database and track individual volunteer hours.
- Schedule volunteers for specific roles prior to conference.
- Schedule and facilitate an in-person volunteer orientation prior to the conference.
- Submit relevant content/information to the Director of Marketing for external communications.
- Develop and implement a registration desk process during the week of the conference.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all all conference guests.
- Train volunteers on expectations of quality customer service, conference values and mission and other necessary information.
- Ensure comfort and safety of volunteers.
- Attend to needs of conference speakers and attendees.
- Must be flexible and ready to adjust/accommodate/adapt to last minute scheduling changes.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to manage a large team with various levels of experience.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Must be available the week of the conference which will be held in early October.
- This role may include light physical work at times. The volunteer coordinator works longer hours the week of the conference. You will be expected to help the rest of the team with conference set-up and tear down as well as regular traveling between session rooms.
- Ability to dedicate an average of 5 hours a week vetting and securing volunteers and scheduling. It is expected for hours to increase 4-6 weeks out from the event.
All interested parties should contact email@example.com.